Creativity Efficiency Expertise Entertainment
- I write interesting, entertaining, informative content for print and online
- I’ve written news, articles, features, brochures, marketing copy, books and blogs
- I can adapt my style to suit the requirements of the publication and readership
- I can work with you to improve your words – as an editor, sub-editor or proof-reader
- I have significant experience as a picture researcher and editor and a large collection of my own travel photography
- Broad expert knowledge of the travel market with in-depth expertise on east and southern Africa, Italy, France, Turkey, India and parts of the UK and USA.
- I deliver to deadline, on budget and to specification
- I’ve commissioned, edited and project managed magazines, guidebooks and series, and websites, with involvement from first concept to final publication.
- I love working creatively with publishers and writers to shape and improve ideas and make initial concepts spring into life
- I have a bulging contact book and can make connections whether you are looking to commission writers on obscure destinations or are looking for representation in the industry
- I am used to juggling highly complex projects and large teams ensuring that everything and everyone keeps ticking over at the correct pace
- I’ve spent many years working with writers, editors, designers, picture editors and researchers helping to train junior staff and bring out the best in freelance contributors so can help train you or your staff
- I have some broadcast experience including programmes such as BBC Radio 4’s Today programme and Traveller’s Tree and am available as a travel expert
- I am available for talks and lectures
- And I hold Trinity CertTesol and PTLLS qualifications to teach English as a foreign language and further education classes and have significant experience in teaching English at all levels and in media training. For more, please see www.essexenglish.co.uk.
Initiative Organisation Imagination Inspiration
Please don’t take my word for it – see what others have to say.
A few of my favourite pictures are on display on my Photos page.